Please see below a list of the required image sizes and formats for the most popular marketplaces.
Google Shopping Feed Image Requirements #
Use a solid white or transparent background. These background colors ensure that your image works with a variety of design elements.
Frame your product in the image space so that it takes up no less than 75%, but not more than 90%, of the full image.
Meet these image size requirements:
- Non-apparel images: at least 100 x 100 pixels
- Apparel images: at least 250 x 250 pixels
- No image larger than 64 megapixels
- No image file larger than 16M
The higher the image resolution the better. We suggest using images 800×800 pixels or larger.
- File format should be JPEG/JPG, PNG, TIFF or GIF (JPG preferred).
- Color should be RGB or CMYK (RGB is preferred because CMYK color sometimes shows color tonal variations when displayed on our website).
- Resolution should be at least 72 dpi.
- Images should be 1,600 pixels or larger on the longest side. This minimum size requirement enables the zoom function on the website. Zoom has been proven to enhance sales.
- Files cannot exceed 10,000 pixels on the longest side.
- The minimum size for images on eBay is 500×500 pixels;
- The best size for eBay product photos is 800-1600 pixels on one side. This allows users to use the zoom in function to see product details.
- The maximum image size is 9,000 x 9,000 pixels;
- The maximum file size is 12MB;
- Don’t scale up thumbnail images to the required size as they will look pixelated and distorted;
- Images must be in one of the following formats: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, or GIF;
- If the photo is a JPEG, it should be 90 or higher on the JPEG quality scale;
- Minimum resolution is 550 х 550;
- The image size is not bigger than 10M;
- Images must be square. Rectangular images are acceptable, but their proportion must be between 1:1 and 3:4;
- Image format must be png, jpg or jpeg;
- Images must be of good quality;
- Images of the main product must be of a frontal shot;
- Images must be provided for all variations whenever a product comes in multiple variations.
- The file size of the image cannot exceed 4 MB.
- Image Search supports the following image formats: PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, WEBP, TIFF, and PPM.
- The transmission time-out period cannot exceed 5 seconds.
- For product, and generic image searches, the length and the width of the image must range from 100 pixels to 4,096 pixels.
- The image cannot contain rotation information.
The images for Etsy listings should be at least 1000 pixels wide. The recommended size for listing images is 2000px for the shortest side of the image, and a resolution of 72PPI to enable the zoom function.
Poshmark uses square photos 1:1. We recommend using 1080x1080px or bigger.
Depop requires product photos to be square at a 1:1 ratio. We recommend using 1080x1080px or bigger. Their suggestions for the first photo is:
- features the whole item – no borders or collages
- close-up sare for your remaining pics
- no image with mannequins or plastic hangers for the first pic
- for hoes, don’t include the shoebox in the first image
- On Shopify, you can upload images of up to 4472 x 4472 pixels with a file size of up to 20 MB.
- Keep in mind that for zoom functionality to work your images have to be more than 800 x 800 pixels.
- The website maker typically recommends using 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos.
- Shopify recommends JPG, in particular, because it can deliver images with a relatively small size and good quality.
Mercado libre #
- To make your product stand out, we recommend that your photos have 1200 x 1200 px so that your buyers can zoom in.
- When listing, your images have at least 500 px on one of their sides.
- Minimum 500×500 pixels in size.
- Minimum image resolution 72 dpi
- Do not distort product proportions
- Every product listing must have three images minimum, and eight maximum
- These images must be sized 500 x 500 (smallest), with the largest limit set at 2000 x 2000 resolution
- Your product images must have a white background, “contain 80% of the canvas,” and not be deemed obscene
- The featured product must be unwrapped and be the clear focus in the photos
- No watermarks or graphics
Facebook marketplace #
- Facebook Marketplace image size: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels, but it’s best to use the highest Facebook Marketplace photo size that meets the ratio requirements since there is no maximum resolution.
- Recommended Facebook ad aspect ratio: 1:1. However, ratios from 16:9 to 9:16 are supported.
- Recommended image file types: JPG or PNG.
- Maximum file size: 30 MB
- You can upload up to 8 photos with the maximum size of 5 MB/photo.
- Accepted formats are .jpg, .gif, .png
- We recommend using 1080x1080px or bigger.
- Aspect ratio width x height: 1:1.44
- Minimum size: 762×1100 pixels
- Best practice size: 1800×2600 pixels
- Upright format
- Image type: JPG/PNG
- Color mode: sRGB
- Recommended background for model views, color code: R241 G241 B241
- White background for packshots, use color code: R255 G255 B255
- Clear background image
- Minimum size: 1100×1100